Tuesday, May 05, 2009

An uncomfortable situation

So here's the situation.... I'm at the massage therapists getting a massage. She was stretching my gluteus maximus muscle. She asked if my leg was relaxed. It wasn't and she knew it wasn't but I said yes anyways. Why? Because I had to fart. And if I relaxed I might have farted. And I couldn't confess that to her because then one of three scenarious would have happened. Either:
1. she would have said "go ahead and fart" and I would have and stunk up the room and been embarassed.
2. she would have said "go ahead and fart" and I wouldn't have been able to because of the embarassment.
3. she would have said "please don't fart" and I'd be right back where I was with the additional embarassment of her knowledge of my gasseous build-up.
In any scenario I would be embarassed and uncomfortable. So it was just as well I lied and said "yes, I'm as relaxed as I can be".

2 comments:

Louisa said...

ROFL!!!! Been there. You just can't properly enjoy a massage when you're trying to bottle things up inside. LOL!

Fartimus Maximus said...

Air is free. You should have just let out the fart. I'm sure she has witness, even committed, farts in her lifetime.