Monday, March 22, 2010
On the plus side, my weak point last week (getting 5 work out sessions in per week) was not only met but surpassed as I exercised all 7 days. They varied in activity and intensity so it wasn't too much... I just lived an active lifestyle this past week :)
This coming week is going to be tricky because I'm going to a dog show this weekend. Dog show weekends are challenging for anyone on any kind of diet as the food offerings are generally unhealthy and packing enough healthy food without a way to store or cook it is an extra challenge so I'm guaranteed to eat out a lot. And I'll be very busy at the show and tired at the end of the day but I wouldn't call it a workout so I'm sure that goal will fall short. So I'll do my best but I'm bracing myself for some yellow and possibly red squares this week.
The new goal for the week is to keep track of what I eat. I'll write down everything I eat in a spreadsheet. Have a great week!
Monday, March 15, 2010
Monday, March 08, 2010
Monday, March 01, 2010
I missed one workout this week (whoops!) and two training sessions with Claire (double whoops!). And one day I forgot to take my morning vitamin so that's 3 yellow squares. Oh yeah, and apparently I have no self control around sugary treats LOL! In spite of my efforts to be good, I had a cookie, candy, or donut 8 times in the course of the week. 5 is my maximum allowed and that really should be more than enough. I'm going to try much harder this week.
This week my new resolution is to put my laundry away within 24 hours of folding it. I wash, dry, and fold my laundry on a lovely schedule each week. And then my clean and folded laundry sits in a laundry basket in the bedroom and I choose my clothes out of the laundry basket when I SHOULD be choosing them out of my closet or dresser. I don't know why I can't seem to do that last step. I don't mind putting stuff in drawers so much, it's the hanging up of all my shirts and dress pants that I particularly hate. But if I don't hang them up then things get wrinkled again. So it's in my best interest to just put them away already! LOL. So that's my goal for this week :)
Monday, February 22, 2010
In the past couple of years I have really slacked on wearing my retainer after having braces for a few years. So my goal starting this week is to wear my retainer one night a week. My teeth are starting to creep back to their old crooked positions so hopefully this will stop them and bring them back to where they are supposed to be.
Monday, February 15, 2010
So this week I had only one real slip up and overall did okay. Claire was still in season (her last week so next week I have no excuse! LOL) so her training sessions went by the wayside. I did 2 sessions but that fell short of what I wanted to do so I got a red square.
As this week contained Valentine's Day, a day traditionally celebrated with chocolate, I saved my day where I'm "allowed" to have chocolate for that day. So my chocolate-free time came to an end after 4 weeks.
This coming week's goal was going to have sweets (cakes, cookies, or candies) no more than twice a week. However, I had 2 already in the first day LOL! So I changed it to 5 times a week thinking that would be a more reasonable goal that I can attain. It certainly gives me something to reach for but hopefully is more realistic for me. If I choose to have chocolate in the week, that will be separate from these 5 sweets.
Although chocolate wasn't too hard for me to give up, I think sweets, specifically candy, will be very hard to give up. My weakness is caramel candies and gummy candies. I must be strong and resist! :)
Sunday, February 07, 2010
- Water - no problem :)
- 20 mins exercise X 5 - I did 4 formal exercise sessions plus 4 archery sessions. Given that archery is physical activity but not very strenuous I've decided that I can use only one archery session per week as an "exercise session" for this challenge. So for this week I met my 5 exercise sessions goal.
- Claire training sessions X 5 - unfortunately Claire was in standing heat this week so no obedience or agility class for her. And as I spent so much time doing archery in the evenings I didn't make the time to train her at home. I did 2 training sessions but that's not enough for a yellow square so I have a red one this week.
- Chocolate only once - I haven't had any chocolate again this week. It really wasn't that hard to give up chocolate I'm finding. I still have sugar and other desserts but none contain chocolate.
- Take vitamins twice a day - I had one minor slip up. I missed one evening vitamin but didn't realize it until the next day when it was too late to make it up. So... yellow square.
- No food after 8pm X 6 - Well, this happened to be one of those weeks where my schedule was not what I expected. With Claire being in season and me unable to take her to class I was free to go to archery shoots in small towns in Southern Alberta. Unfortunately this made for some very late nights and twice I ended up having supper after 8pm. I'm allowed one slip up but two = yellow square.
One side effect of all the late nights this week is I was absolutely shattered by Friday as I hadn't had enough sleep. Thus, the inspiration for this week's challenge. My goal is to be in bed by 10pm most nights. Some forgiveness is allowed on the weekend but I would like to be in bed by 10pm even then, if possible, so 6 nights a week is the goal.