Saturday, December 31, 2005

Stupid New Years Eve!

There are very few occasions when I hate being single... but New Years Eve is one of them. In my past, I have had some of the worst New Years celebrations ever, so I just don't bother anymore. For most of my December 31st's I have been single so if I go to parties or dances or whatever, I don't have anyone to kiss at midnight. Oh don't feel too bad for me, I get the pity hug & kiss from a friend's boyfriend or husband after they have given the midnight kiss to the one they went to the party with. There's nothing like the pity kiss to make you feel even more single than you did the rest of the party.

Other New Years Eve "celebrations" (yes, I use the word in quotes because I don't classify them as good times) include dances that ended before midnight (ah, the Mormon church), parties that ended before midnight (ah, the politics of people in the Mormon church), and babysitting gigs where the people forgot they asked me to babysit so I end up waiting for them to pick me up and they never arrive! That one was many years ago when I was about 13.... so these bad New Years evenings have been going on for many years. So now I just gather some DVD's and make it a Blockbuster night :) It's more comfortable and more enjoyable than any other option.

So I am in my pyjamas, I have opened a nice bottle of wine, and my dogs are sleeping next to me on the couch. I have one DVD playing and the next one ready to go on top of the DVD player. I'm going to make myself a large bowl of popcorn and plant my ass on the couch until after midnight. What could be better? :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is from one who does have someone to kiss .... I think the evening watching DVD's and eating popcorn sounds like fun too. I don't like the party scene too much and home with the dogs sounds pretty nice!

Louisa said...

Hear Hear! Although I do have someone to kiss, I'm way too lame to stay up until midnight. It was pizza and a movie then off to bed at 10:30 for me! :-) But I do love just being at home with Mike and the cats. Kiss Chyna Baby Star of Majesty and Wonder for me. :-) Also Bug and Mercedes.

Carlson02 said...

Yep! Stupid New Years Eve... I agree!!