Thursday, August 21, 2008

Lunch anyone?

No one told me when I started working at the U of L that the entire Students Union food court (where I get my lunch every day) would be shut down for the last 2 weeks of August. There aren't that many places to buy food there anyways (a Subway, a taco place, a smoothie & pita place, and a chinese place with various deep fried offerings) but at least I had choices!

So for this week and next I either have to hike to the fitness center and join the line up (of all staff members who regularly eat elsewhere) at the Tim Horton's or I have to hike even further to my car and drive somewhere to get lunch. Of course there is the secret third option of bringing my lunch to work but, for a bunch of reasons I won't get into here, that's not a good option for me.

Ok, so I know this is a fairly small issue and one probably not worth ranting about (especially since everything will be back to normal on September 1st) but I had to come up with something to blog about. It was either this or Facebook profile pics and what I think they say about a person.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

For those of us with two options (cafeteria or bring your own), this does seem like a bit of a luxury :)

Anonymous said...

Oooo... I want to hear about the facebook profile pictures and what they say about people!