Saturday, July 22, 2006

Bathroom Poll......

I have decided to get a new shower curtain for the main bathroom in my new house instead of putting up the same old one I've had for years. And since I'm doing that I will also get all new matching towels for public/guest use (my ensuite is for private use and those towels will stay the same).

The bathroom is currently very neutral.... beige walls, beige tub and surround (with silver fixtures), beige/off-white counters, and wooden fronts on all cabinets (6 doors all together so there is a lot of wood). So the poll question is, what colour should I go with in the main bathroom? It has to match the neutral surroundings and keep in mind that it should be a fairly muted/grown-up colour (no lime green or neon pink) to keep in tone with the rest of the house. Any and all suggestions will be considered. Thanks :)

4 comments:

Louisa said...

I like blues, especially muted slate blues. Not sure if that would work with the colours you describe, but there's my vote. And since I will probably be the first guest staying at your house, you have to go with my suggestion. :-) j/k

Carlson02 said...

My suggestion is different shades of green. Very relaxing and easy to find things that match, since they don't have to be exactly the same shade to look good. Also muted tones of a rusty color can be really nice, but a bit harder to find things in the right shade and that match.

Anonymous said...

I would go with something bright. Beige is boring and you want to make the bathroom welcoming.

These are kinda cool, but may not go well with beige: http://ww2.potterybarn.com/cat/pip.cfm?src=shpcbthtowtow%7Crshop%2Fshpcbthtowtow%7Crshop%2Fshpcbth%7Crshop&pkey=cbthtowtow&gids=p7005

I think you need red though:
http://ww2.potterybarn.com/cat/pip.cfm?src=shpcbthtowtow%7Crshop%2Fshpcbthtowtow%7Crshop%2Fshpcbth%7Crshop&pkey=cbthtowtow&gids=p4673
or
http://www.ikea.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?topcategoryId=15594&catalogId=10103&storeId=3&productId=59188&langId=-15&categoryId=15603&chosenPartNumber=80092915

Or black.

Unknown said...

Well, burgundy or green go well with beige . . . and are nice for a bathroom. It will make the room seem quite dark though, with all the wood.