Thursday, July 27, 2006

The results are in and... who do I need to know to get a delivery made on time?!?!?!

The results are in and I have new colours in my main bathroom. Thanks to everyone who gave their opinions. I ended up going with olive green accented with ivory. These colours were already in my living room so there was a continuity component to that descision. Also I found a shower curtain in those colours so I went for complete co-ordination of the bathroom :)

Okay, so last Friday I went from store to store to store (literally every furniture store in Lethbridge) looking for a dining room set that:
  1. I liked
  2. Was able to be delivered by this Saturday (8 days from purchase date)

I ended up buying a set from the Brick (not my favorite store but they were able to meet my criteria above). They said delivery could be as early as Tuesday this week, most likely it would be Thursday this week, but the absolute latest would be Saturday of this week (family dinner is on Sunday so that was fine). They also said they would call the day before delivery to arrange a convenient time to drop it all off at my house.

So today (Thursday) I still hadn't heard anything so I called the store to make sure it was coming on Saturday. The lady who picked up the phone said "Oh, didn't you know that item was on back order?". Ummmm, NO I DIDN'T KNOW YOU STUPID COW!!! (okay, I didn't really say that but I wanted to). So she put me through to the saleslady who I bought it from. This bitch went into total defence mode... "that's the warehouse's fault, not mine" and then "I told you it could come later than Saturday" which, by the way, is a bald faced lie!!!!! No apology, no "lets work on a solution", just passing the buck and accusations. Is this what passes for customer service from the Brick? Give me a freakin' break!

Okay, my rant is over. But guess who I will never buy any furniture from ever again! LOL

1 comment:

Louisa said...

The bathroom sounds beautiful! I can't wait to pee in it. Lol.