Friday, July 28, 2006

Update on "The Dumbass Brick" situation

So yesterday I felt really screwed around by the Brick (see yesterday's post below). I vented to Valerie and Susie about it and they were very supportive and encouraged me to cancel that order and buy a new dining room set somewhere else so the horrible saleslady wouldn't get my commission money. I thought that was a good idea but given that I actually liked that set (and had a tough time finding another one that I liked) I was reluctant to follow through....

Until I remembered that United Furniture Warehouse is actually the same company and they could possibly order the same set for me. So I went into UFW to see what my options were and, not only can they order it for me, it was $300 cheaper! So I placed the order with them with the intention of cancelling the order from the Brick the following day (today).

So this morning I called the Brick to cancel the order. That went fairly smoothly. Then about 5 minutes later I got a call back from the Brick saleslady I originally bought from (and got the run-around from yesterday). She said she got her manager to look into it and they CAN get me the set on Saturday AND they'll match the price I got at UFW!!!! I guess it takes the threat of her losing her commission money to get any kind of customer service. If she had made that call yesterday then she wouldn't have lost money out of her pocket... stupid woman! But I said forget it.... I'd rather get the stuff in a month from UFW as they have treated me much better and are worthy of my hard-earned money. :)

2 comments:

Louisa said...

Good for you for sticking to your guns with that woman. I can't believe how rude some people can be when they're supposed to be helping you.

Unknown said...

Gotta love "good" service, heh? I don't blame you for not wanting to deal with the Brick, even when they had changed their tune. Given how I've been lately, I'd have really let that person have it. You're a better girl than me ;)