Thursday, December 21, 2006

10% joy and frustration!

Yesterday I weighed in at WW and was thrilled to see that I had finally hit my 10% goal... which means I have lost a total of 10% of my body weight since I joined WW back in August. I got my "10% key chain" for reaching this target. In order to celebrate this milestone I decided to make Vince a special supper "Ah-la-poof-bang" and give him the 10% key chain which took me 4 months to earn.

So I spent all afternoon making "Ah-la-poof-bang"... 3 kinds of vegetables, mashed potatoes, a thick ground beef gravy, (really just shepherd's pie but not all mixed together) and mini-yorkshire puddings. I set the table, lit some candles, and placed the key chain on Vince's dinner plate. Everything was beautiful and ready to go. Then Vince came home from work and as we sat down to eat I explained the significance of the 10% key chain. He was so congratulatory and proud of me for this accomplishment. But when he opened up the key chain... it broke! You'd think after 4 months of giving Weight Watchers $15/week (approx $250) they could afford to hand out a key chain that doesn't break the first time you open it!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS! The weight loss is a real achievement. Well done. I agree WW should invest in some half decent key chains. I would let them know your discruntlement. A la poof bang .... ohhhh that sounds delicious. Wish I could have been there.

Carlson02 said...

You think they could give you a half decent keychain after all you have paid them and all the work you have done. Congratulations on loosing the weight!!

Louisa said...

Lol, freebies are always crap. :-)

When you first said "I decided to make Vince a special supper 'Ah-la-poof-bang'" I thought that was a euphemism for dinner followed by a quickie. Pretty disappointing to find out it's a lazyman's shepard's pie.

Congrats on the weight loss!