Thursday, December 14, 2006

General update on my life

In a nutshell....
  • We attended 2 Christmas pot luck parties this week so when I weighed in for an ever so slight gain (0.2 lbs - the smallest increment the scale records) I counted that as a success. Pot lucks are my weakness as I want to try everything and I'm not one to limit my portions LOL. link to my weightloss page

  • I have a new skill.... motorcycle rider. Vince taught me how to ride in just 3 days (apparently that's very fast). It was chilly so we were only out for a couple of hours each time. Unfortunately, due to the weather forecast, our work schedules, and the fact that it gets dark so early, it doesn't look like I'll be able to practice my motorcycle skills again for at least a few weeks. However, Vince took this picture of our bikes which I thought was pretty cool. Mine is the red one (a 2000 Kawasaki EX 250 Ninja) and his is the green one (a 2004 Kawasaki ZX-6RR Ninja).

  • Louisa (my sister) was visiting here for a few days. Unfortunately her visit was from Monday to Thursday when I had to work so we didn't get to spend as much time together as I would have liked. It seems like she just got here and all of a sudden she had to leave. :( We miss you Louisa!!!
  • Christmas shopping and wrapping is all done! YIPPEE!!! The final days leading up to Christmas are the craziest in the shopping malls. It's not too bad during the day but in the evenings you won't find me in the mall... I value my life too much LOL.
  • Remember "Tears Are Not Enough" by a Canadian group of singers that called themselves Northern Lights? I can't find that song on iTunes and I really want it. I was able to find "Do They Know It's Christmas" by Band Aid (British) and "We Are The World" by USA for Africa (American) but I can't find the Canadian equivalent. Anyone who is able to download & send me the song will have my eternal gratitude :)

1 comment:

Louisa said...

Awww, I miss me too! :-) Actually I had a great visit. I came back home and told everyone about your beautiful house, doting fiance, and wicked TV that you're going to give to me someday when I can convince you that you don't really need it. Seriously, I watch WAY more TV than you do.