Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Westminster thoughts

I watched the Westminster Kennel Club dog show on tv over the last 2 nights. I have to say that I disagreed with the judge's pick for BIS. In fact, I didn't even think that dog (an English Springer Spaniel named "James") should have even won his group. Now don't get me wrong, James is a great dog and a worthy representative of the ESS breed. However, when I was watching the sporting group on Tuesday night I thought many of the dogs in the ring were better. I thought the Vizsla (who ended up taking group 2nd) was a truly outstanding dog and should have won the group without question.

As far as the BIS lineup went, I was rooting for the PBGV. I always root for the hound as they haven't won BIS at Westminster since 1983.... they are the underdogs for sure LOL. I also liked the Dandie Dinmont Terrier... what an amazing showdog. And although I hate to admit it as I don't like the breed, but the Toy Poodle was a real beauty. The same can be said for the Bouvier... I'm not wild about the breed but felt that particular dog was outstanding. I also liked the Akita for her balance and style. Of all the dogs in that line up I thought the Standard Poodle and the ESS were the weakest... good thing I didn't place any bets on who would win or I'd be out some major money! LOL!

Happy Valentines Day everyone :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When I read this VCBP, I was amazed at the TLAs, FLAs, ETLAs, etc. IMHO, it was overloaded.

IABN.

VCEB rocks hard like a fetus.

TANSTAAFL

TGIF

BBFN.

SMG.