Monday, May 28, 2007

My sneaky husband

On Saturday morning Vince woke me up by saying what a BEAUTIFUL day it was going to be... sunny and highs in the mid 20's. Perfect day for a motorcycle ride. So he said that we should take the bikes out to Waterton when he comes home from work where he will buy me lunch at the Waterton restaurant of my choice. In my half asleep state it sounded like a good deal so I agreed to his plan.

It wasn't until about an hour later when I was fully awake that I realized what he had done. Vince wasn't going to treat me to lunch... it's OUR money so there is no treating involved LOL. And he knew that there was only one restaurant (besides fast food) that I'd be comfortable going into with helmet hair and bug-splattered chaps on... his favorite restaurant, Zum's. He just successfully manipulated me into going on a 300km motorcycle trip so he could have a steak sandwich at Zum's. Well played my husband, well played.

So I took the bike trip with him (and except for one psycho truck driver and a stray pheasant crossing the highway, it was without incident) but while we were waiting for our food at Zum's I let him know that I was on to his little scheme. He felt no shame for his underhandedness but I forgave him anyways. He needed forgiving :-)

1 comment:

Louisa said...

LOL. Sneaky, sneaky boy.