Thursday, May 03, 2007

How to de-stress....

Listen to "Grace Kelly" by Mika. You can find it on iTunes and, I'm sure, a million other music download websites. I could listen to that song over & over & over... it just makes me happy :) When all the crap starts building up in my life I can listen to that song and forget the crap for the next 3 minutes and 8 seconds LOL.

Sit in a hot tub. Not everyone has a hot tub in their back yard but the massaging action is well worth finding one.... prowl through your neighbourhood backyards until you find a hot tub you can use ;)

Drink alcohol. If you don't drink then I can't help you LOL. You may not feel awesome the next day but it'll take away your worries for a while.

Go on a motorcycle ride. The fresh air and need to completely concentrate on what you are doing clears any other stresses from your mind.

I have used each of these destress strategies and can testify to their usefulness. However, please note that combining them is not recommended. Drinking alcohol then riding your motorcycle into a hot tub while listening to "Grace Kelly" by Mika will actually increase your stress level!

3 comments:

Louisa said...

LOL, these are the moments when I'm so proud of my sister.

"Hey, people - spend all your money on a hot tub and watch your energy bill rise."

"Hey, people - get drunk."

"Hey, people - get on a piece of metal hurling down the highway at 120 kph with nothing between you and that semi trailer but your leather jacket."

I haven't heard the Grace Kelly song so I can't mock that one.

I love you. :-)

Unknown said...

The hot tub is SO worth it Weeza, you have NO idea!

As for the bike, totally not my thing and it would never de-stress me.

As for Mika, I just bought the CD. Unfortunately I saw a video first, and it was horrible, and so it's taking me a while to get "into" the CD.

Love the name Grace Kelly though!

Anonymous said...

I'm going to buy the CD too! Enjoy your week single girl!