Thursday, July 17, 2008

It has been too long since I've had a good rant!

What is the deal with the U of L toilet paper? Seriously!

Most bathrooms in the university (at least in the area I work in) all have the same products.... great soap (comes out foamy so easier to lather up and rinse off than a true gel-liquid) in great dispensers (it senses your hand under the dispenser and gives up a portion of soap without the hand-washer having to touch anything). By the same token the paper towels are equally good. There is a trick to getting a decent amount out of the touch-free dispenser but once you understand the trick it's an easy-peasy procedure.

As it turns out the soap and paper towel are consolation for skipping out on decent toilet paper. It's the really thin kind (totally see-through) on a giant roll. So when it's a new/heavy roll you have to figure out the physics of bunching together as much of the TP "tail" as you can to give it the strength needed to handle the pulling action on the ultra-heavy roll of tissue-paper... I mean toilet paper.... without tearing it off prematurely. What a song and dance for the prickliest, least-absorbing excuse for toilet paper I've ever had the misfortune of placing in private places.

One day I'll remember to bring a roll of Charmin from home. Until then I'll either have to "hold it" or suffer with the rest of the U of L staff, students, and faculty.

4 comments:

BBKing77 said...

Be grateful for what you have at the U of L. Over at LC we have crappy TP (pun somewhat intended), push button gel soap dispensers, and air hand dryers (which I hate because there's no paper towel to use to open the door, but luckily it's a push door, so I can use my elbow on the middle of the door).

Anonymous said...

I hate when places go cheap on the TP. There are times where I seriously consider packing a roll of toilet paper in my purse!

Anonymous said...

Be thankful we have toilet paper here!

Louisa said...

ohmygosh you make me laugh! It's so true about the 'strength of TP' to 'weight of the roll' ratio.