Friday, July 18, 2008

Since I'm on the subject

What is the deal with people who don't wash their hands after going to the bathroom? I know they were taught to do it at some point. I even remember when I was little (this was in England so I was probably 5 or 6 years old) we had a video shown to us in school that stressed the importance of washing hands. Everyone knows they should do it. I've even noticed signs in public bathrooms such as in hospitals, restaurants, and even the University that remind people to wash their hands.

Yet whenever I use a public bathroom, I am constantly amazed by the number of women who walk out of a stall, check their hair in the mirror, and then leave. I would LOVE to yell after them "YOU FORGOT TO WASH YOUR HANDS!!!" but that would make me the crazy one. But it would be worth it just so I wouldn't be so grossed out by them.

5 comments:

BBKing77 said...

That's exactly why I don't use my hand to open the door when I leave the bathroom. If I have no choice (you have to pull, and there's no paper towel), I'll use the sleeve or waist of my shirt, or I'll use only my pinky and try to avoid using my pinky until I can wash it.

Unknown said...

This grosses me out to NO end! It's a filthy habit (or lack of a habit) and it only takes a second. There are some people at work that consistently don't wash their hands, and I don't even want to sit at the same table as them!

Anonymous said...

YUCK!! I hate this... EWWWW!! People... WASH YOUR HANDS!!

Anonymous said...

I haven't washed my hands for 10 years! I love how sticky they are. Some fingers have a nice layer of fuzz on them.

Louisa said...

I agree - it's sooo gross!!!

BBking - I do the same thing, opening the door with my pinky. Lol.