Sunday, January 17, 2010

New Years Resolution 2010 - week 3

3 resolutions this week and doing fine. :D

  1. Drinking water - never an issue. Getting in 10 cups or more most days. :)

  2. 20 minutes exercise, 5 times - I started teaching my step classes again which took care of 2 sessions. Then one day I used an exercise DVD, one time I jumped on the treadmill, and one time I went with Vince to take the dogs for a walk. Last weekend I found a bunch of cheap exercise DVD's at Walmart (featuring people I recognized so I'm not worried about the quality of instruction). So I can't say I'm bored with my exercise routine now that I have 8 new 60 minute workouts to choose from :)

  3. Training Claire 5 times - This was the most challenging resolution as it was a new activity in my routine but one I really needed to do. I worked with Claire in each of obedience, agility, and conformation for at least one session in the week. My lowest priority is agility as I imagine it'll be 6-12 months before she'll be ready to compete but Claire will be competing in conformation and obedience (rally, to be specific) in about 10 weeks so any extra training sessions have been and will continue to be devoted to those pursuits.


For my fourth resolution this year I've decided to correct a very bad habit I picked up before Christmas and have stuck to with great enthusiasm. I've been eating way way WAY too much chocolate. Really, it's all sweets but chocolate, something I didn't even like that much, is something I've gotten a taste for and have been eating far too much of.... sometimes daily and occasionally more than once a day. That's crazy when I used to rarely eat chocolate.


So, with that in mind, I've decided to limit my chocolate intake to one time a week. It can be a "chocolate trio" dessert at Moxie's, a bag of M&M's at the movie theater, or I could waste it on a chocolate chip cookie in the break room at work LOL. I expect this to be the first step for a later resolution that is more restrictive in my sugar consumption but I need baby steps :)

3 comments:

Louisa said...

10 cups of water a day, wow! You must spend half the day in the bathroom peeing it out. ;) Good for you. I usually aim for 3-4 cups. It's not as high as most people recommend, but I figure I gets lots of water from other sources too.

Visichy said...

Yeah, the downside of drinking so much is increased trips to the bathroom but I love being hydrated :) I find the more water I drink, the more sensitive I am to being thirsty or dehydrated which makes it easier to drink more. So it's not as hard as you'd think once you get into that mode.

Unknown said...

GREAT job so far Vicky!

I drink at least 8 cups of water a day, so I totally understand the increased bathroom visits.