Sunday, February 07, 2010

New Years Resolution 2010 - week 6

Well, this was rather an unusual week.
  1. Water - no problem :)
  2. 20 mins exercise X 5 - I did 4 formal exercise sessions plus 4 archery sessions. Given that archery is physical activity but not very strenuous I've decided that I can use only one archery session per week as an "exercise session" for this challenge. So for this week I met my 5 exercise sessions goal.
  3. Claire training sessions X 5 - unfortunately Claire was in standing heat this week so no obedience or agility class for her. And as I spent so much time doing archery in the evenings I didn't make the time to train her at home. I did 2 training sessions but that's not enough for a yellow square so I have a red one this week.
  4. Chocolate only once - I haven't had any chocolate again this week. It really wasn't that hard to give up chocolate I'm finding. I still have sugar and other desserts but none contain chocolate.
  5. Take vitamins twice a day - I had one minor slip up. I missed one evening vitamin but didn't realize it until the next day when it was too late to make it up. So... yellow square.
  6. No food after 8pm X 6 - Well, this happened to be one of those weeks where my schedule was not what I expected. With Claire being in season and me unable to take her to class I was free to go to archery shoots in small towns in Southern Alberta. Unfortunately this made for some very late nights and twice I ended up having supper after 8pm. I'm allowed one slip up but two = yellow square.

One side effect of all the late nights this week is I was absolutely shattered by Friday as I hadn't had enough sleep. Thus, the inspiration for this week's challenge. My goal is to be in bed by 10pm most nights. Some forgiveness is allowed on the weekend but I would like to be in bed by 10pm even then, if possible, so 6 nights a week is the goal.

3 comments:

Louisa said...

Wow, you're strict! In my book, getting off the sofa and out of the house - whether for a workout, archery, or shopping for socks - is considered active living. :) Maybe that's why I'm not your personal trainer. But still, I think you should count archery as exercise, or maybe 2 archery sessions counts as 1 workout.

Fitness Guru Weeza has spoken. :)

The sleep one sounds like a good resolution to do.

And please, for the love of all that is sweet and delicious in the world, EAT SOME CHOCOLATE.

Margaret said...

I vote Weeza not only as personal trainer but as ruler of the world!!!!!!
Love, Margaret xxx

Visichy said...

LOL Weeza! Last night I was in Dairy Queen and your words were echoing in my head as I perused my dessert choices. But given that Valentine's Day is coming up this week I thought I'd best be strong when it comes to chocolate. I still indulged in a sweet treat though.... caramel sundae :)