Monday, February 22, 2010

New Years Resolution 2010 - week 8

This week was a little more normal than the last few weeks have been (because of Claire being in season) but we had the Family Day holiday and it was reading week which threw a bit of a wrench into things. My fitness classes were cancelled but I subbed 2 classes. It was a short work week but a very busy and stressful one.

I fell slightly short in 2 areas. I missed one traning session with Claire and I missed one workout. If I could have counted archery more than once I would have been fine on the workouts as I went to a competitive shoot on Sunday which took all day but couldn't count it and didn't have time (or the energy) to do another workout on top of it.

My latest resolution went well though. I was allowed 5 candies/cakes/cookies and had 4. And no chocolate :) I'm going to try for even less this week. Baby steps for me.


In the past couple of years I have really slacked on wearing my retainer after having braces for a few years. So my goal starting this week is to wear my retainer one night a week. My teeth are starting to creep back to their old crooked positions so hopefully this will stop them and bring them back to where they are supposed to be.

2 comments:

{Sarah} said...

I tried to read the new goal just off the chart at first... I thought it said "water retainer"... lol!

Louisa said...

Interesting about the retainer. If I leave mine out for about a month, my teeth start to ache from trying to move back to their old position. So I wear it for just 1-2 nights/months and I'm ok. I could never go a couple years without wearing it regularly. But I also have my front 6 teeth welded together (sort of) with a wire on the back of my teeth (same thing for tops and bottoms), so when one tooth tries to creep home, the others follow, like little sheep, lol. :)

Hey, do you take suggestions for resolutions? I totally want to make you do something like square dancing once a week for the rest of the year. :)