Wednesday, May 03, 2006

What we will do for one more inch (not dirty LOL)

If you read my post (uh, rant LOL) about the problems leading up to my trip to the BC dog show a few weeks ago you may remember I had packing difficulties. What this amounted to was my collapsible ringside table (measuring 28"X18"X8" collapsed) wouldn't fit in my suitcase. I had just eyeballed the size of table & suitcase and didn't actually measure it (my bad LOL) and assumed that the table would fit in the suitcase. Come to find out my suitcase is only 27 inches long and 17 inches wide. No way will the table fit in there.

So for the last few weeks I've been trying to find a bigger suitcase that will suit (no pun intended LOL) my needs. I searched all over the internet and finally found what I wanted on the Bentley site. So off I go to the nearest Bentley store. I liked the suitcase and the measurements looked good (29"X19") until I looked closer.... when they say 29" they actually mean 28 1/4". The saleslady said she had only one "true 29 inch suitcase" so she brought it out (the biggest in the store) and for the extra 3/4 of an inch I would have to pay double the price of the 28 1/4 inch suitcase. But it was overall a better quality suitcase and I have a few trips coming up where I will need to bring the table so I figured I might as well splurge on the big one...... and the matching carry-on tote, too LOL.

Since I had learned my lesson, when I got home I opened up the suitcase and made sure the table fit in there..... I'm glad I got the bigger suitcase as it BARELY fits on all sides. Definitely worth the extra cost to get the suitcase that would work for me and my ringside table :)

So what is the moral of the story? Sometimes size does matter and it's worth paying for LOL.

3 comments:

Carlson02 said...

The last lines:
"So what is the moral of the story? Sometimes size does matter and it's worth paying for LOL."

made me giggle. Glad you found on that worked for you... even if you had to pay extra for it :)

Unknown said...

No matter what anybody says, size ALWAYS matters! Glad you got a suitcase big enough . . . now you can travel with peace of mind :)

Anonymous said...

I just had to laugh .... my dirty mind doing overtime!!!!