Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Selling your house SUCKS!

My house has been on the market for 14 days. They have been very challenging days because I am at the mercy of people who want to view my house. At any time I can get the call about a showing so I have to drop whatever I'm doing, go home, get the dogs out to the van, wash & put away dishes, vacuum, swiffer floors, and spray air freshener. I've got it down to a good routine now as I've done it so many times.

But then comes the real challenge.... what do I do for the next hour while people are in my house (it's usually in the middle of the day when I'm supposed to be working)? I've taken to saving all my errands that need running for house showing times so I have something to do then LOL. But I don't have that many errands so I usually end up hitting the McD's drive through and sitting outside my house with a Deli Sandwich, fries, and a Diet Coke waiting for the people to leave so I can go back inside. It's not great for weight loss but at least it's efficient as I have completed errands, have eaten, and can get back inside and back to work ASAP.

So today marks the two week anniversary that I've been doing this. Statistically speaking, my house should sell any time now but I have received no offers yet. My realtor said we're doing well (lots of showings and some good comments about the house - only bad comments would involve big financial investment so I'm putting them on hold for now). So we'll see what happens in the next few days. Everyone please keep fingers crossed for a sale soon :)

2 comments:

Louisa said...

Wow, what a pain. It'll be over soon though - being in a hot real estate market, and with summer just around the corner, you'll have your house sold in no time.

Carlson02 said...

This really makes me look forward to putting my house on the market in a few weeks. Good luck with the house selling.