Saturday, August 12, 2006

To shower or not to shower.....

That is the question. Don't get me wrong, if I am going out where I might be seen by friends, neighbours, or even strangers, I'm not leaving the house without a shower. It's just gross to think otherwise.

However, when I'm at home and feeling lazy, it's tough to find the motivation to shower.... especially when the agenda for the rest of the day includes getting even dirtier (housework, dog grooming, etc) and I'm going to have to shower after the dirty work anyways.

I mean let's face it... who is it hurting? I live alone with dogs.... they seldom complain about my BO (they are very considerate that way). So why bother showering? Just to say I've done it? Doesn't make sense to me.

So I'm going to take my stinky body away from the computer, have some lunch, do some housework, groom some dogs, and maybe even power-wash the crates...... THEN I'll have a shower :)

3 comments:

Carlson02 said...

Hehehehe... I was just having this "battle" about 2 hours ago... showering was victorious.

Unknown said...

No harm in not showering once in a while, especially until AFTER the "dirty" chores are done. On grooming day and lawn-mowing day, I always shower after the big job. Then I smell fresh and sweet for the rest of the day!

Louisa said...

LOL, I have that dilemma most weekends. But I find I often don't get any work done unless I have a shower first, and also put on a bra when I get dressed. It's some sort of psycholigcal ritual. Get clean and properly supported, then get to work.