Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Funny Father's Day Moment

The day before Father's Day, Vince was out of town so I went out to get him a Father's Day card in secret. He came home earlier than I expected so I had to sneak the card in and sign it where he couldn't see me so it would be a complete surprise on the day. The card was so cute. It had a bunch of power tools on it and said something about being a powerful dad... I signed it from the "kids" (Gilly, Mercedes, and Star) and on the envelope I just wrote "Happy Father's Day". I put the card in my bedside drawer so first thing on Sunday I could give it to Vince :)

So on Sunday morning Vince & I were lying in bed talking. I grabbed the card and rolled over to give it to him. Our conversation that followed was:

Vince: "What's this?" (still half asleep)
Me: "Read it"
Vince: "Oh, is it for my dad?"
Me: "No, it's for you"
Vince: (sits up and turns to stare at me) "ARE YOU PREGNANT?????"
Me: (laughing hysterically) "No! Just read it!"
Vince: "Oh" (big sigh of relief) "It's from the kids"

LOL! Happy belated Father's Day to all the daddies out there :D

2 comments:

Louisa said...

LOL!! That's great!! Father's Day and April Fools, all in one. :-) (Even if you didn't mean it as a practical joke, lol.)

Silverwood said...

That is HILARIOUS!!!!