Monday, March 08, 2010

New Years Resolution 2010 - week 10

This was a pretty good week. I only have 2 yellow squares. I missed one training session with Claire (pretty good considering how often I have trouble with this one) and I went to bed after 10 pm 2 nights. But those weren't due to just staying up late... I was at events (an archery shoot and the annual SABA banquet) and arrived home well after 10pm on both occasions.

Here is this week's chart......


Although I like to think I eat fairly healthy I do struggle in a couple of areas. I've addressed some of them already but this week's goal is not about foods I need to avoid but instead foods I need to eat. I enjoy and eat a lot of vegetables but I seldom eat fruit. I just don't like many fruits. Apples, oranges, bananas... not interested. I'm more interested in berries, melons, and tropical fruits such as pineapple, kiwi, and mangoes. Unfortunately these are some of the more expensive fruits out there, especially in the winter, but my taste buds just don't care about my wallet ;)
So my goal is to eat a serving of fruit at least 3 times a week (for me, that's a lot). For the purposes of this goal I do not count tomatoes as fruit as I eat a lot of tomatoes but I need to diversify. I can use juice only for one serving but would prefer not to use juice at all. I tend not to drink juice unless I'm sick so that shouldn't be a problem.

2 comments:

Louisa said...

Yeah, fruit one is hard for me too. Lately, I've been buying small containers of prepared fruit from the store across the street from my office. They cost $1.80-$4.50 each an usually last two days. A bit pricey but it makes it easier to get more fruit in my diet.

Plus there's always bananas and custard! :)

{Sarah} said...

Fruit is the easy one for me... veggies are harder. Good luck!