Friday, January 13, 2006

"The Office" imitates life

This week on "The Office" the boss named Mike (played by Steve Carell) explained his morning ritual and it made me think of a dear relative of mine who has recently discovered the joy of cooking bacon on a George Foreman grill.

Mike's ritual starts the night before by laying strips of bacon on an unplugged George Foreman grill next to his bed. Then in the morning he wakes up, plugs the grill in, and within minutes he is waking up to the smell and sounds of cooking bacon.

It all sounded reasonable to me except for the possible spoiling of the meat as it sits out overnight at room temperature. Not to mention the smell of cold bacon that would keep me up all night. And if you have dogs, well I'm sure you can imagine how much bacon would be left to cook in the morning LOL.

2 comments:

Carlson02 said...

hehehe!! good ol' Grannie and her bacon :)

Louisa said...

Gross... just to be clear, that's not my Mike that does that! :-)