Thursday, April 06, 2006

Customer Service

Ya know how at the Safeway deli or Co-op deli or wherever-you-shop deli, if you want to sample a piece of roast beef or black forest ham or something before you buy it, they'll break a small piece off for you to try?

Well yesterday I was in the Safeway bakery section and I had a question about their bagels. So one of the bakery employees comes out to answer my question, then proceeds to take the bagel in question out and cut me a piece to try. But before she offers it to me she goes to the back and puts some butter on it.... REAL butter! Talk about customer service! I didn't ask for any of that but it sure earned them some brownie points and a bagel sale :) BTW, the bagel (flaxseed flavour) was outstanding! I would recommend it to a friend :)

2 comments:

Carlson02 said...

Wow! Impressive... I know (at least in my expereince) that the Superstore Deli in Lethbridge is like that too. Not only do they give you a small piece of meat, they give you the whole slice, and if you want to try a few others they don't mind. The girl was so nice the other day she even gave me a piece for Brighton. I think she could tell that he was eye-ballin' the stuff that she had given me :)

Anonymous said...

Safeway really can be very obliging. I once had a question about the sweetness of a certain type of apple and the produce person came and answered my question then washed and cut up an apple for me to try. It tasted delicious and I was most impressed.