Sunday, April 09, 2006

These are a few of my favorite things...

Weight Watchers Chocolates - Just one point each :) English toffee are the best but the Pecan Clusters and Mint Patties are good too.

TV Shows on DVD - I just bought the first season of The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air. It originally aired 1990-91. The hair styles and clothes are outdated (remember when guys wore blousey shirts in loud colours with suspenders? - very MC Hammer) as are the references (NKOTB) and guest stars (remember when Al B Sure, Isaiah Thomas, Bo Jackson, and Kadeem Hardison were the hottest stars?). But it's interesting to see some guest stars that hadn't reached their peak yet (Naomi Campbell, Don Cheadle, and of course Will Smith went on to do a few other things after the show ended ;) ). My only complaint is that they have taken out the blooper reel that used to run at the end of each show.

Movie DVD extras - I recently watched Tommy Boy: The Holy Schneikey Edition which included a ton of extras. I love the director commentary but this DVD also included behind the scenes featurettes and interviews with the stars, writers, etc of the movie. It's even more precious because of Chris Farley's untimely demise.

Sherpa Bags - Taking my dog in the cabin with me on a flight is the greatest thing ever. Unfortunately, airline personnel have the power to deny us boarding if they want to be a pain since Mercedes is hovering at the maximum size allowed. So it's in my best interest to be as inconspicuous as possible at the airport... luckily Mercedes is a great traveler and is so quiet, no one even knows she is there.

Canned Air - The greatest invention in the last decade! This sucker cleans out not only my keyboard and all the nooks and crannies of my laptop but it does wonders with the blades on my clippers.

Krazy Glue - There are only a few instances in my life when Krazy Glue has come in handy... but when it has it has been a life saver. I used it yesterday on the Sandicast sculpture that didn't come home in one piece from our trip to BC and you can hardly tell where it broke. It's a miracle glue. Because I use Krazy Glue so seldom I bought it the 4 one-time use tubes in a pill bottle. What a great marketing idea that was :)

Sundays - Yup, I love Sundays. Today I got up and fed the dogs their breakfast. Then I went back to bed for 4 hours LOL. There is no other day of the week when I can do that. And given how often I am out of town on the weekends, it's a rare Sunday when I can enjoy this kind of lie-in. It was goooooood :)

Crystal Light individual servings - Just empty a package into a bottle of water and you have an enjoyable beverage. No sugar added, almost calorie-free, but full of flavour.

Good Friends - Self explanatory :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to read how many things make you happy.

Carlson02 said...

I couldn't help but sing the song from your title... :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

Oooh, I love those Crystal Light singles too! The Raspberry Ice are my favourite . . . I keep them in my desk at work for when I need a sweet drink, especially now that I am trying to give up Diet Coke (which isn't going well at all)