Saturday, April 15, 2006

Earl's Brother

I was watching "My Name Is Earl" the other day and it struck me that the guy who plays Earl's brother, Randy (played by Ethan Suplee), must be a really good actor. He is so believably gullible and innocent and somewhat stupid that it's easy to forget that there's a real guy under that... a guy that has memorized those lines he's saying and is acting out the direction he was given.

Not to take away from the rest of the cast (Jaime Pressly, Jason Lee, and Eddie Steeples all do great work as Joy, Earl, and Darnell/Crab Man) but here's to Ethan Suplee. The best comedic side-kick on NBC today :)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I so agree! He is the best one on the show . . . so funny and sad LOL

Louisa said...

Oh snap! I love Randy, I think he's one of the best characters on TV. :-)

Anonymous said...

That is so true. I can totally believe that he is that gullible and stupid. I wonder what he is like in real life? He does have some great lines though .... he seems to be really happy with his lot. I find the show very amusing ... human nature is fun to joke with (as long as no real people get hurt).

Carlson02 said...

I've only seen this show a few times, but it does make me giggle :)