Monday, March 19, 2007

What's up with the all the blender speeds?

I've been using my blender more than usual lately and, even with my frequent usage, I noticed I only use 3 of the 10 buttons on there.... pulse, a low speed blend, and a high speed blend. All the other intermediate speeds of blending are entirely superfluous!

And the labels they give these speeds are ridiculous... who actually needs to "aerate" or "puree" something in their blender and actually seeks out the right label and presses the right button? "Oh no, I needed to press the 'whip' button but I accidentally pressed 'liquify' instead! Now my recipe is ruined!!!" Trust me, it doesn't matter what they call it... if you press any button, whatever you put in the blender will be destroyed by the sharp metal blades that spin at the base of the unit.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like your lucky, mine only 2 buttons that work and that is only have the time. lol Happy blending!

Anonymous said...

It's just a marketing ploy. If you look at the high end models, you'll see fewer options.

As a professional flexitarian and freegan chef, I prefer blenders that have only 0 buttons on them.

Unknown said...

I have to admit that I've never really thought about it. I can't even remember the last time I used a blender, never mind pondered the many speed settings.

Louisa said...

LOL! You're hilarious. :-)