Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Happy Anniversary

Yesterday Vince & I celebrated our very first wedding anniversary. Vince planned the evening and it was a complete surprise. He had a limousine pick us up. We had champagne in the back seat on our way to The Keg. There we had supper (after which I was sure I wouldn't be able to eat for a week! LOL), and afterwards, just for fun, we had the limo take us to Tim Horton's for coffee LOL. We attracted a few stares from the people in Tim Horton's... it was amusing :) We got some pictures but I didn't get around to downloading them last night so I'll put them up on facebook in the next few days.

Unfortunately Vince has a bad sinus cold right now so he wasn't having as much fun last night as he normally would have. I suspect I am getting his cold too so I'm on Cold FX trying to fight it.

We decided to alternate planning of anniversary dinners every year so next year is mine. I don't want to try and outdo Vince so I'm thinking of trying something a little different. At first I thought a hot air balloon ride but Vince isn't into heights so I think that would be more scary than fun for him LOL. Then I thought since he loves hockey so much we could go to a playoffs game but unless it's in Calgary (and then good luck getting tickets!) we'd have to fly there which Vince won't do. So I'm leaning towards a romantic picnic but I'll need a contingency plan in case of bad weather. Any other suggestions for anniversary celebrations? I am taking suggestions for the next 364 days LOL.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Awww, what a sweet, romantic anniversary dinner! I'm glad he went all out for you Vicky, that's great!

As for your turn next year . . . what about a nice trip to an overnight B&B or something? Get someone to help with the dogs so you can get away and relax for a romantic getaway.

Louisa said...

Aww, what a sweetie Vince is.

I like Kelly's suggestion of a night out.

Or maybe you could go get matching tattoos, you know where the half the image is on his leg and half is on your leg, so you only see the whole image if you stand side-by-side.

Or you could go to one of those places where you paint your own ceramic dishes.

Or you could get a couple's massage or pedicures or facials if you can talk him into that sort of thing. :-)

Anonymous said...

Agenda for Anniversary #2:

7:00am Wipe crusties out of eyes, but do NOT shower

7:45am Tickle Vince's toes every so slightly. Just enough for him to notice it but not enough to fully awaken him

7:50am Poor cold beer all over his crotch

8:00am Apologize profusely for waking him in that way

8;30am Eat strawberries while watching a fake fire on your TV

8:15am Snuggle

11:00am Get ready for lunch. This must involve:
-edible undies
-fake eye lashes
-a blue wig

11:45am arrive at the Top Hat

Noon perform a risque dance for Vince which involves the edible undies, fake eye lashes, blue wig and 3 paper clips you found on the floor next to the VLT

1pm - 5pm Recover from any of the aftermath of the dance. I don't know what that means, but I'm sure you can figure it out

5pm Prepare for Dinner by ensuring:
-you put on knee pads
-you put on helmet
-you wear bike shorts
-you paint one ear yellow

5:30 Steal your neighbor's bicycles

5:45 Ride the bikes to Park place mall. Ensure that as you enter the parking lot that you fall off the bike in front of others. See how Vince reacts.

6:00 Have hot dogs at Orange Julius

6:30 Ride bikes down third ave while shouting profanities to eachother. At 13 Street, hop off bikes and make out ever so gently. Hop on bikes and continue shouting profanities. The goal is to see the reactions of other motorists to your conflicting emotions.

7:15 eat pavement

8:00 catch a taxi home

8:30 fall asleep in the kitchen