Thursday, May 01, 2008

Movin' on up :)

On Tuesday (2 days ago) the "person who knows everything in the Registrar's Office" (also known as Linda, the Registrar's secretary) came up to me in my teeny tiny cubicle and said due to some construction they were going to move me out of my cubicle to a large vacant one nearby. I was happy about this and asked when it would happen. She said on Monday as they needed time to do some shuffling of other desks first and then move some boxes out of the vacant one before it would be ready for me. So I booked some time in my calendar on Friday to straighten out my desk so it would be all ready for the move on Monday.

Then yesterday, Wednesday, Linda came by again (this time with movers following her) and said "are you ready to move now?". Ummmm, not really LOL. I had piles of paper, bottles that need to be recycled, and random instructional manuals (none of which belong to me) scattered all over my desk. So much for my prep time! I asked them for a few minutes to get ready which they needed anyways to get the boxes out of my new cubicle. About an hour later I was moved and settled in my new cubicle. It was by far the fastest a move has ever happened in my entire working career.

My new cubicle is EASILY twice the size of my old one. But strangely, it is in a triangle shape so making efficient use of the space is a challenge. However, it is all worth it because I no longer have to do the sideways shimmy to get behind my desk. That was never fun for me.

1 comment:

Louisa said...

Movin' up in the world! Amazing how we spend so much of our lives in a cubicle. I'm glad you've got more space in yours now.