Friday, September 05, 2008

Update on Yesterday's Post

I thought it strange that the local theater hadn't brought in the movie "Traitor". Maybe it was an oversight? Maybe they didn't think it would do well? Who knows? But given its success the first week out I thought they might bring it in for the second week of its release.

Well they didn't! Not only did they not bring in a potentially big money-maker, they actually brought BACK (yes, it left and is now back) "You Don't Mess With The Zohan" for a few showings. That film has been out for 3 months and has been trashed by critics and audiences. Why oh why oh why would they bring it back.... especially when there are way better movies out there that people would be happy to pay to see?????? I'll even pay for the overpriced popcorn and Diet Coke and Milk Duds (which, for the price they charge, should come in an actual gold box instead of a dark yellow cardboard one) if that'll help my cause.

I guess I'll have to wait for "Traitor" to come out on DVD. I have no problem giving my money to Blockbuster instead. And at the private showing in my living room I'll be able to pause for potty breaks and watch special features after the movie. Oh yeah, and my popcorn/beverage/candy prices will be determined by Safeway, not the movie theater. I'm fairly certain I'll come out on top :)

2 comments:

Louisa said...

I love your tv.

Anonymous said...

The next movie I want to see: Don't Mess With the Visichy