Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Holy Snowflakes Batman!

I'm really trying not to pick up my phone and complain to the city that the road in front of my house needs plowing. I know they are being inundated with people calling to complain. I know I live on a cul-de-sac so my street won't get touched no matter how much I beg. I know the crazy amounts of snow we have received are not the city's fault.

But when both Vince & I get stuck right in front of our house (in separate vehicles within an hour of each other) because some idiot in a truck spun his tires and made a giant trench that no one but the same idiot can drive through without getting stuck, it really sucks! So now, just to get out of our driveway, we have to drive on the sidewalk for a few meters before getting on the street just to avoid getting stuck.

And at the end of the street is so much snow that you have to be going at least 20 kmph just to have the momentum to plow through it. That's a little scary when you are going around a corner and you can't see what you are driving into.

So, since complaining to the city won't do any good and the budget just can't take a tractor to clear it out ourselves right now, you get to read all about it. The problem is still there but I feel slightly better. Thank-you, my blog therapists :)

No comments: