Monday, January 12, 2009

Sigh.... what is it with people?

A while back I posted about the grossness of not flushing a public toilet and other public bathroom blunders. Apparently that was the first in a series of bathroom rants I will be making. This is part 2.

Okay, I really don't care what people do in their own home. They can keep their surroundings in whatever state of cleanliness they like and become the most disgusting human beings in the world. It's their home and their hygiene habits.

But, for the love of all that is good and pure in our society, when you use a public bathroom please, oh please, wash your hands before you leave. The water will not hurt you. The soap will not kill you. The person who exits the bathroom immediately after you (and therefore will touch the door handle right after you) will thank you. Only good can come of this action.

Please also know that if I know who you are and I catch you not washing your hands, you will NEVER be able to live it down in my head. I may not say anything and you may never know my disgust, but I'll never forget it and the stench of that one indiscretion will taint my view of you forever more.

So please, pretty please with a cherry on top, when you use the facilities in a public place make it a complete bathroom experience by using the sinks and the soap provided.

Thank you!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I disagree.

Unknown said...

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Louisa said...

I agree! It's so gross.