Friday, January 09, 2009

Mascara Recommendation

A few months ago I was getting my hair cut & coloured at the salon. While I was in one of the "processing" phases someone came around and handed out some mascara samples for Kissme Mascara. I didn't think much of it, put the sample in my purse and promptly forgot about it.

Just before Christmas I was going through my purse (clearly not a common occurance) and found the mascara sample and decided to try it. It was a slightly different experience. Not so much with the application but with the wearing and removal of the mascara. I tend to have bad under-eye smearing problems throughout the day with mascara but not with this product. I also find removal a pain, especially with waterproof mascaras, but not with this product. I was shocked at how good my lashes looked at the end of the day and was slightly amused by the removal process.... it just takes some water and pressure and the mascara will actually slide off your lashes onto your finger. It's unlike any other mascara I've ever used.

For more details you can check out their website... http://kissmemascara.com/

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Cool, thanks for the recommendation Vicky! I often have undereye circles too, so I will have to try this stuff.

Louisa said...

Good tip; I may have to try this product.

Some tips for using regular mascara: I find I can almost eliminate mascara smears by doing the following:

- blotting the mascara after putting it on (basically press my lashes in a folded sheet of tp)
- put mascara only on top lashes (some of it will transfer to lower lashes while blotting)
- wear powder (e.g. face powder or powder concealer) under my eyes
- wearing eyeliner helps too (my latest trick is to use an eyeliner brush to apply regular eyeshadow in the eyeliner zone - I find most eyeliners to be heavy)

I hope that helps. Mascara smears haunt us all!