Friday, January 30, 2009

What do you blog about when nothing is going on?

I check a few blogs on a daily basis and none of them have been updated for over a week. Then I realized I hadn't updated mine either so who am I to judge? But here's the conundrum, if nothing out of the ordinary is going on, what do I blog about? So I decided to just blog about some random stuff that I'm doing these days.

Today is Friday. Friday is my weigh-in day. I have basically been maintaining my weight for months now (+ or - 5 lbs). Last week I was fairly low and feeling good. However, today I stepped on the scale and was up 3.5 lbs! Still within my "maintenance range" but quite a wake up call for a girl who works out at least 5 times a week, and eats salad for lunch most days. Okay, looking back on it, this certainly wasn't my best week... many sugary treats including a new recipe for "cheesecake bars" which I helped myself to. So I'm acknowledging the errors I made and am planning to correct them. So hopefully next Friday I'll see some or all of that 3.5 lbs gone :)

There is an almost empty bag of Honey-lemon Halls cough drops on my desk. It has been sitting there for months, just waiting for me to get sick again. I should probably put it in a drawer or something but now it's like my good luck charm. Sore throats will stay away just because the bag is on my desk.

Today is pay day. My check is a little higher than the one in December because the union and the U of L finally agreed to an increase for union employees and it took effect this month. However, we are owed back pay for the months of July - December 2008 and we won't see that until next month's paycheck. It would have been nice to see it today but oh well.... at least we'll get it eventually.

Yesterday I was so tired in the afternoon I almost fell asleep at my desk. You know when you start to drop off and suddenly your body protests and your head snaps up? That happened to me while I was sitting at my desk. Luckily no one saw it :)

The only part of my job that I'm actually enjoying these days is the Project Management part of it. I'm so over the programming. I'm really glad I'm taking my career in a new direction by earning a project management certificate and, hopefully, will soon have a job that uses those skills all of the time.

Okay, those are all the words I can think of right now. I hope you are all having a lovely Friday (or whatever day of the week you are reading this).

1 comment:

Louisa said...

good blog post. it's nice to hear what's going on, even the little things.