Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Well THAT'S never happened before.....

This morning I weighed in at Weight Watchers and then went to Starbucks to get a latte. As I arrived at the coffee shop I was talking myself into feeling good about my 0.2 lb weight loss for the week. You know, "any loss is still a loss" and "it was a dog show weekend which is always tough" and "it's better than gaining 0.2 lbs".

So, I ordered my latte at Starbucks and as the lady was making it she asked me if I was pregnant!!! So much for talking myself into feeling good about my weight LOL. She tried to cover it up by saying my hoodie was hanging funny and then went on to say how much she loves children (like that makes it okay LOL). Now, in her defence, yesterday I also went there for a latte and the hoodie I was wearing (yes, I wear hoodies too much LOL) DID make me look pregant. I noticed that when I put it on but I never thought someone would go so far as to ask if I was expecting!!!

So I'm thinking I need to stop wearing hoodies. They are comfy which is great when you are sick (which I am.... AGAIN!) but maybe before I step out of my house I'll change into something a little more flattering. My ego requires it ;)

4 comments:

Carlson02 said...

It's happened to me before, but I justified it by saying that I had only had Bright 3 months ealier. I love hoodies too, but I might start reconsidering them now.

Unknown said...

Ouch! That really sucks - and people should think before they speak! I can't imagine anybody thinking you're pregnant, especially since you've done so well with your weight loss!

Anonymous said...

Those hoodies really can be unflattering.

Lyndarae said...

Weight Watchers is a great commitment for losing wieght. Kudos to you for looking after yourself and enduring such a commitment. Way to go!