Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Dealing with the highs and lows... and just being a girl

I've felt kind of emotional over the last few days. I mean, I knew I was getting my period so that was part of it but it seemed that the tiniest thing would just make me want to cry. But last night it was really bad... I was bawling and blubbering over how fat I was and how could Vince ever want to marry me and I was going to look like a beluga whale walking down the aisle on our wedding day and why oh why don't I have any self control when it comes to food and even though I'm overall eating way healthier than I used to why am I still unable to lose the weight I want? Really I was a pathetic mess. And then this morning I got my period so I think it's pretty safe to blame the sob-fest on hormones/PMS.

However, if Vince (or anyone) had told me yesterday that I had PMS I would have ripped their face off for daring to suggest that I might be a tad emotional and that my fears were blown out of proportion.... even though I would have known they were right. So my question is this... how come we as women acknowledge that we have PMS but no one is allowed to say we have it? Is it like the n-word thing? Like black people are allowed to say it to each other but white people aren't allowed to say it? Or is it more like the "fat" thing... I can say I'm fat but if anyone else says that I'm fat then it's just plain rude. Any thoughts?

The wedding invitations have mostly been sent out. There are just a few that need to be hand-delivered still. RSVP's are starting to come in which is kind of cool as that means I can start building a seating chart for the reception. The decorations are being finalized, my garters (one to keep and one to throw) have arrived, the cake cutting set has been purchased, and I have a wonderful family member (Weeza) who has stepped in to be the emcee because another family member backed out. So now I just need to put the favours together, buy pantyhose, and I have to figure out how to decorate the head table..... oh yeah, and I need to lose 20 lbs and then I can get married LOL. I'm down 1.4 lbs today which puts me exactly 20 lbs above my wedding day goal. Wish me luck :) Link to chart.

3 comments:

Louisa said...

A fwe years ago I was PMS-ing badly and Mike very carefully asked if I would take some Midol if he went out and bought it. I refrained from killing him and said it wouldn't do any good, I don't have PMS, I'm just crabby. He went and bought it anyway. I took it. Half an hour later I was bouncing around and cracking jokes and generally proving that the Midol worked liked a charm. Mike has never let me forget it. Moral of the story: If a guy says anything about PMS, just kill him before he can prove that he's right.

BBKing77 said...

I have some thoughts on this subject, but I think I best keep them to myself.

Unknown said...

Probably a very wise idea Ben ;)

Vicky, I'm coming to the wedding . . . in case I forget to RSVP to that email address you sent!

As for PMS, it's a denial thing. Total and complete denial.