Wednesday, January 24, 2007

My my my, how quickly things change

Once upon a time, when Vince & I first got together, we went to Tim Horton's to meet one of his friends for coffee. As it happened, Vince hadn't had supper yet so he also ordered a bowl of chili to eat. He had recently learned that I did not like mushrooms so he made a point of eating any visible mushrooms in his chili ASAP so I wouldn't even have to see any mushrooms. Awwwww, wasn't that sweet of him?

Fast forward about 3 months.... Today we went to Tim Horton's for lunch where I ordered a bowl of hearty vegetable soup (yummy, low calorie, and palatable for my nauseous, flu-suffering stomach) while Vince ordered the creamy field mushroom soup. Not only did he make no effort to hide the mushrooms from me, but he actually offered me some of his creamy (blech!) "fungus soup" while he gleefully giggled over my face turning green. What happened to the galant man of 3 months ago? Is the honeymoon really over already? We haven't even gotten married yet! Sigh!

On to some good news.... I weighed in at WW today for another 2 lb loss (hooray for the flu LOL). I'm exactly one week ahead of schedule for reaching my wedding day goal. No slacking off now though... the wedding is a few months away and I need to stay focused :) Link to wieght loss chart is here.

4 comments:

Louisa said...

Lol, just wait til he starts clipping his toenails in front of you. Way yuckier than fungus soup. :-)

Unknown said...

Hmmm, never thought the honeymoon would be over quite that soon. But maybe he's got a lot on his mind (planning things) too. And as long as he's planning wonderful things for you, then it's acceptable, right?

Visichy said...

No forgiveness for offering a sick girl fungus soup!!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Fungus toenail soup!!!!