Friday, January 12, 2007

A funny thing happened....

At lunch time today I let all the dogs out. First the boys.... as I opened their crates I took out their breakfast dishes, let them outside in the dog run, brought them back in and gave them a cookie in their crates.

Then it was the girls' turn.... I was opening crates/pens and taking out empty dishes and Mercedes was in the last pen I came to. I opened it and she ran out but I couldn't find her breakfast dish anywhere. I lifted up the blanket and crate pad that she had in there but the dish wasn't underneath. There was literally no where it could have gone so where the heck was it? I had 3 girls at my feet doing the "pee-pee" dance ;-) so I let them out and then came back to the dog room to try and figure out the mystery.

Then I saw it.... Mercedes had put her food dish inside her water dish! LOL!!!! Both dishes are stainless steel and the same size diameter but the food dish is more shallow so it was able to neatly fit exactly on top of the water dish without disturbing the water beneath it. Mercedes is a funny girl when it comes to her water dish... I have discovered toys in there (tennis balls and kongs have been baptised in there but strangely no stuffed toys have been drowned LOL) but covering the water dish with the food dish was a new one to me. I wonder if Mercedes is trying to tell me something? Perhaps that the water doesn't taste good to her? Or maybe she's playing a game to see if she can insert & remove certain items from the dish? Is this a game she can win? Any ideas?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

3 girls??????? Maybe some news would be good?

Mercedes is a funny girl, I just love her!

Visichy said...

Sorry, I should have explained... we are babysitting Sienna and Kaos for a couple of days. So, including Mercedes, we have 3 girls at home right now. It's craziness!

Anonymous said...

Oh LOL I thought it was more exciting news than that ;)

Carlson02 said...

I was trying to figure out the three girls thing as well. Cedes is a funny girl.

Anonymous said...

I think Mercedes is very smart. That must have taken a herculean effort to maneovre that food dish. Well done ole girl.