Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Ok, let's try this again

My pants have been shrinking! At least that's what I kept telling myself. Then I realized what deep down I knew all the time... I've been gaining weight at such a rapid rate that I'm now 35 lbs more than a year ago when I got married. No wonder my clothes aren't fitting me well and every time I go clothes shopping I strangely can only find stuff that fits in larger sizes LOL.

So I'm going back on the only weight loss plan that has ever worked for me.... Weight Watchers. There are 2 things that have kept me from re-joining WW in the last year or so:
  1. It's very expensive. Approximately $15/week to weigh yourself and listen to a 30 minute lecture on weight loss tips
  2. I don't like the location or leaders at the Lethbridge WW. There was one leader I really liked but she was basically the cashier... never the weigh in lady or lecturer.

So instead of doing the traditional meetings, I am going to try doing Weight Watchers online. No meetings, no public weigh ins, no lectures, but still the same plan. And the online tools are awesome! Once you are familiar with the program it's great one-stop shopping for all food tracking, activity tracking, recipe finder, etc. And best of all, it works out to be about 1/2 the price of traditional meetings. So far I'm on day 2 so no great successes to report yet but I'm hoping this will be the best of both worlds.... a plan that works AND that I can stick with :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Good luck with WW online Vicky . . . I know some people have had a lot of success with it, and since you've done so well in the past, it should work fine for you. Keep us posted on your progress!

Louisa said...

Good luck! You can do it! I hope Vince supports you (I'm sure he will!). I remember the first time I stayed at your house when he was there. He was so supportive telling you all the time how hot and skinny you were. Aww. :-)