Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Starbucks sucks.... here's why!

About 3 or 4 times a week I go to Starbucks for a "Skinny Vanilla Latte". The venti (largest) size comes to almost $5 but then I heard that if I buy them using a registered Starbucks card the syrup (a whopping $0.35) would be free. So I registered the card, put $100 on it, and got excited about all the yummy upcoming lattes I would be enjoying for 35 cents less than everyone else :)

Since I have registered my Starbucks card I have used about $55 of the $100.... that's 12 lattes of various sizes. Of those 12 I have had the following experiences:
  • 4 or 5 of the lattes have had free syrup. Sometimes the Starbucks representative offers it for free; sometimes I have to ask for it because of my registered card. But at least I get what they promised
  • 1 of the lattes they tried to charge me for syrup even though my card is registered and when I pointed that out to them they refused to believe it was registered.
  • The rest I never mentioned my card was registered and they charged me for syrup. I always pointed it out to them after the fact but they never offered me the 35 cents or any other kind of compensation.

So I've decided that if Starbucks can't get their crap together in the time it takes me to drain the remaining $45 from my card then I just won't be going there again. I do enjoy my skinny vanilla lattes but I'm sick of them not following through on their promises and the constant guessing game of how much they are going to charge me for my latte today. Oh, and I have contacted Starbucks customer service via their website but no response yet.

1 comment:

Louisa said...

I hate it when companies don't give you the discount they advertise. It's not about how much money is on the line (although .35 will add up to a free drink or more over the course of your $100 card's life), it's the principle. If I just through your arbitrary hoops, you must give me my discount. It's called a contract, people. Look it up.