Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Something I have learned that I am sensitive about....

People criticizing my cooking or lack of cooking. Today I brought a birthday cake into work for everyone in the office who has a birthday this month. Every month 2 people from the office volunteer to bring a cake in for all the birthdays that month. I signed up late last year for June. What I didn't realize at the time was that the end of May, beginning of June was going to be INSANELY busy for me. Just to give you an idea...

  • Sunday - changed plans as I got guilted into coming in to work. Worked 4 hours but the server was down the whole time.... waste of time sitting in the office.
  • Monday- worked a 14 hour day... until 10pm. Missed Brighton's 3rd birthday party because of it (still haven't given him his present).
  • Tuesday - worked 2 hours of overtime.
  • Wednesday - the day I was scheduled to bring a cake in to work

So as you can see, I haven't exactly had the time to buy ingredients and bake a cake from scratch. When I realized this I ordered a cake from Safeway. Note that I bought a HUGE cake.... bigger than most bring in. Also, most people actually do buy their cakes instead of making them. So I was doing nothing out of the ordinary.

But as the cake was being eaten, the "model" girl (from a few posts ago) leaned over to her neighbour and said sarcastically "this cake is so good. I MUST get the recipe." This was said in my earshot and I was very offended. After all, I have literally not had the time to bake a cake in the last few days. If she was so disappointed with her free cake she should have declined a piece. I was going to make a cheesecake before it was clear that I wouldn't have time to do so. And I still might..... but she will NOT be invited to have a piece. Bitches don't get any of my cheesecake LOL!

3 comments:

Louisa said...

That snarky bitch doesn't deserve your cake. Actually, this made me kind of mad - not everyone has time for baking nice goodies. You went to the effort of ordering a nice cake - if Miss Snark doesn't like that, she can keep her comments to herself or just pass on the cake.

She was probably being bitchy to you because you stopped fawning over her.

Anonymous said...

Next time, bake her a "special cake".

If you need any key ingredients, I can help!

Unknown said...

What a wench! Just ignore her Vicky . . . she's obviously not the brightest lightbulb, despite her degree. I would have been super grateful for the cake!