Friday, June 13, 2008

What would you do? Courtesy question.

Remember the wedding crasher that came to my wedding? The guy (former wrestling referee... since been fired) we specifically did not invite because he is such an idiot and none of the wrestlers like him? The guy who has cheated on his girlfriend (A) and got the other girl (B) pregnant. Dumped the girlfriend (A) to be with the pregnant one (B) then discovered he got the dumped girlfriend (A) pregnant too. Then cheated on them both (A&B) and got a third girl (C) pregnant (so the story goes). I believe he is not supporting any of the children and the one ex-girlfriend (A) told me he wants her to have her current boyfriend adopt the baby so the fool doesn't have to pay any child support. The guy is irresponsible, irritating, and an idiot.

Now he is supposedly getting married. Vince & I received an invitation a few days ago and we don't want to go. We aren't his friend. I don't even know the fiancee. Vince says we should just tell them we are going golfing that day LOL. It's on the Saturday of a long weekend so it'll be easy to say we have a prior committment. I say we just decline the invitation and not give a present or card. He and his then girlfriend who crashed our wedding didn't get us so much as a card so I don't feel bad about not getting one for him. But is that childish? I want to take the high road but I just don't like this guy! What do you think?

3 comments:

BBKing77 said...

This is my opinion, but I would just ignore the invitation. I mean, he ignored his lack of invitation. Regardless, just because you got an invitation to his wedding, that doesn't oblige you to go to it. I get numerous wedding invitations, and I only go to a fraction of them. If he asks if you are coming, just say no, and if he asks why, just say you don't want to. (It's that old "honesty is the best policy" thing.)

Anyway, that's just what I would do.

Unknown said...

I would decline the invitation and leave it at that. If you're feeling particularly charitable then send a card, but no gift.

Louisa said...

I agree with Kelly. Decline the invitation without explanation. If they press you for details sometime, just say "other plans that day" and move on. You shouldn't feel bad - life is too short to spend with jackasses.

Course, the other option is to attend and offer to give a toast, then tell all his friends and family about the legacy he is creating by fathering so many children.