Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Calling all single men... you NEED to read this post!!!

I'm a nice normal girl, looking for a nice normal guy. However, since joining Lavalife.com a few weeks ago I have encountered some single men behaving like complete idiots and it's getting worse! Gentlemen, this is a short list of WHAT NOT TO DO if you want to meet women.....

1. Try the "hurt puppy" thing. If I have plans and I'm running out the door and you just happen to ping me at that moment, I'm still going to run out the door. Pouting is NOT cute and makes you look like you have the emotional maturity of a 5 year old.

2. Asking me during an IM session if I want to be your "friend with benefits". Moral issues aside (if that is a concern), I haven't met you, seen a picture, or even had a real conversation. If you want to find a "fuck buddy", try the Intimate Encounter area of lavalife, not the Dating/Relationship area.

3. Asking me if I will be your "sugar momma".... instant turn off! I'm looking for a partner, not a child to support.

4. Tell me about your Ferrari and how you like to pick up the ladies on the weekends. That may work with your locker room buddies but it's not impressive to a woman... it looks like bragging, probably lying, and just plain sleazy.

All these things have happened to me in the last 48 hours. What is it with guys that think it's okay to talk to women like that? I beg you men, PLEASE, just be normal. Talk like a person who has common courtesy and basic manners and can act like a grown-up. How hard is that??????

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My responses:

1. I use the hurt snake trick. That always does it. Can you wrap my snake with a bandage??

2. When I meet a woman for the first time, I wear my F_ Buddy Champion t-shirt. This sets the message.

3. I always ask for a salt momma. So far I have not found one.

4. I always describe my unicycle. It has red flames on it and I'm a speed demon.

Anonymous said...

Imagine me on my flamed unicycle, speeding down the street wearing a delightfully contrasting helmet.

Shrouded in sexiness.

Wearing leathery pants and a muscle shirt.

Perspiring ever so lightly.

Muscles heaving as I pedal down the sidewalk.

Bugs in my teeth.

I give you a slight smile as I pass by.

You notice my well toned quads.

I notice your well toned <fill in the blank>.

I hit the curb and smash out 3 teeth, break my wrist and start crying like a little girl.

You then run away in fear.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like life is real fun for you right now - NOT! Sometimes I think guys don't think. No wait, I KNOW some guys don't think (notice the use of the word "some" there)