Monday, October 30, 2006

Another Movie/DVD Review Post

In theaters....
Man of the Year starring Robin Williams. I was expecting smart, political humour.... I got some of that (not really smart though) but also an element of thriller/action movie. That was very unexpected. Scott liked the movie BECAUSE of that.... I liked it IN SPITE of that LOL. But after all that it still wasn't that great... 6 out of 10.

On DVD....
Billy Connoly live in New York.... I have seen Billy's stand up before so I had high expectations. However, they were not met. This was probably the weakest performance of his I've ever seen. I have literally LOL'd 10 times more during one of his 5 minute appearances on the Tonight Show. I chuckled a little bit but that's pathetic for a 90 minute performance.

The Office: Season 2.... outstanding, fabulous, amazing, stupendous. This is, no question, the funniest show on TV. I especially enjoy the commentaries as they include writers, actors, directors, everyone. The only disappointment is that Steve Carell wasn't in any of the commentaries. John Krasinski wasn't either... or maybe just one. The stars have gotten too big to do the commentaries I guess. The blooper reel is a great highlight.... 17 minutes of LOL'ing :-) My favorite moment..... "You're evil like a hobbit" (in context it's hilarious but you'll have to watch a commentary and see the blooper reel to get it).

Chicago..... entertaining. I really enjoyed it. Since watching it I have downloaded the song "Cell Block Tango" and I enjoy singing along to it in my car :)

Scrubs: Season 4... I've just started watching this 3 disk set so I can't give a full report but so far it's pretty good. My only complaint is the lack of commentaries (only one out of every 7 or 8 episodes has a commentary... compare with The Office where about 50-60% of the episodes have commentaries).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Donnie Darko is still one of the best. Halloween is a good time to watch it!

Sometimes I doubt your commitment to Sparkle Motion.

Anonymous said...

I have watched a few episodes of The Office: Season 2, and I agree, the show is brilliant! Haven't seen anything else, but want to see Man of the Year. It looks good - not substantial, but good :)