Thursday, October 12, 2006

The greatest medical advancement of the 20th & 21st century....

Okay, it's probably not. But I do enjoy the "liquid bandage". As mentioned previously, I have had a foot injury that has kept me out of the gym for about a week. It was just a crack in the skin on the ball of my foot but it made walking (let alone jumping up and down) very painful.

So I went to the drug store to pick up some "Nexcare Skin Crack Care" made by 3M. This stuff ROCKS!!!! It looks like a tiny bottle of clear nail polish but it smells an awful lot like gin LOL. I just brush it on the skin crack, give it a minute to dry, and then go about my daily duties (including step classes at the gym) with little to no pain! Thank-you 3M :)

There are other brands that do basically the same thing but I've never tried them so I can't speak to their gloriousness or lack thereof. The 3M package I bought came with a sample tube of skin cream. Since I do enjoy a freebie I decided to purchase the 3M product. And thus, I am now recommending their product to all my "blog-buddies". :)

2 comments:

Louisa said...

Good tip! I suffered a traumatic injury yesterday (3 paper cuts - I hardly ever go near paper so I'm out of practice on how to hold it). My mean coworkers mocked my suffering. I covered the worst cut with a band-aid, which resulted in further mockery. I'll have to get some of this liquid stuff so I can at least suffer in peace and quiet. Thanks for the recommendation!

Carlson02 said...

I will have to try this on Brighton... he always bites band-aids off :)