Tuesday, October 10, 2006

The pros and cons of hosting Thanksgiving Dinner....

CONS

  • It's a LOT of work. More than I expected. There's the prep work (cleaning up the house, doing some unpacking in my case LOL, and buying the food). Then the cooking... no amount of prep work can keep me out of the kitchen while my company is socializing in the living room... there's just too much to do. Then of course there is the clean up afterwards. This is only made bearable by the fact that I have a dishwasher... I wouldn't host Thanksgiving without it :)
  • You have to be gracious. Your guests may say or do something you don't like or take offense to but you have to grin and bear it.
PROS
  • You don't have to drive home afterwards... you're already there :)
  • You get to enjoy the clean house you worked so hard to scrub the day before
  • You (and the dogs) get first dibs on leftovers
  • You get to work on your domesticity skills
  • You don't have to leave your dogs for the duration of the party (although they may have to be confined in order to keep some order amid the chaos LOL)

No comments: