Monday, November 27, 2006

All the big things are done.....

Today Vince & I met with the marriage commissioner (formerly known as Justice of the Peace) who will be performing our wedding ceremony in May. Having booked her for the big day we are now officially done with the big stuff LOL. We have the hall booked, my dress is bought, the invitations are printed (although it's too early to send them out yet), the rings have been purchased, the DJ is booked, and we have the major decorations decided on and some already bought. The rest is just details. :)

With one big exception that is going to single handedly put me in the nut house.....

The table centerpieces!!!! I have a general idea of what I want but it's proving impossible to actually make a real decision and bring it to life. I want to incorporate flowers and candles but in both an attractive and safe way. Also keep in mind that the wedding colours are maroon and white with touches of black and silver... as soon as I add any greenery it looks like Christmas so I need to be careful of the amount of green in the decorations but especially the centerpieces as they will be seen close up.

I'm leaning toward hurricane lamp candles with flowers around the base but I really can't decide if that's what I want or even if I can afford that. With tables seating only 8 guests that means we will need at least 12 and possibly as many as 19 centerpieces depending on the number of people who RSVP in the affirmative. If anyone has any nice centerpiece ideas that I can put together relatively quickly and in large quantities without having to remortgage my house and that are still nice enough to give away and don't look like Christmas.... please, let me know :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was watching TV today. During one of the commercials, I thought I saw a three legged dog. However, to my surprise, it turned out to be a normal 4 legged variety. But that made me think. Why don't we see more disabled animals on television?

Anonymous said...

I think you should have goldfish in small glass bowls on each table - or even better, have those fighting fish! They're so beautiful, and very unique. Shouldn't cost much, and people might like to take them home :)

Anonymous said...

Ashtrays?
Something made out of duct tape?
My cat is easily impressed with boxes, so you could just throw some boxes on the tables. I'm sure people will get excited about those.

Louisa said...

Lol, I was going to make a mildy funny comment here, but anonymous's comments are way funnier than what I was going to say, so I'll just let him/her win the comment contest. Lol.

P.S. I love the centrepieces you finally came up with.