Tuesday, November 21, 2006

My new frilly frock

I'm so excited. Yesterday I bought my wedding dress. Oh yeah, for those of you that don't know, I'm getting married :D

So my cousin Sarah and I went to a bridal shop in Lethbridge to look at dresses and, as I suspected, the wedding dresses were far more flouncy & frilly than I was comfortable with. I'm just not a flouncy/frilly kind of girl LOL.

So I pointed to a bridesmaid picture on the wall and told the saleslady that I wanted something like that (far simpler than the wedding dresses) but in white. So she started bringing me bridesmaid dresses and immediately I knew we were on the right track. But it was actually Sarah that found the perfect dress. I was trying on what the salesladies were bringing me but Sarah brought one back to the change room and when I put it on and looked in the mirror I knew it was the right dress for me. I still tried on a couple of others but then went back to the one Sarah found and again knew that it was perfect :) Sometimes you just know when it's right ;)

The funny thing is, Sarah's husband Todd was the one to find a new purse for me. We were all in Sears and I desperately needed a new purse. I was wandering all around the purse section looking for something I liked when Todd pulls one out and says "how about this one?". I looked it over, thought it was perfect, and bought it!

Also, Todd & Sarah were with me when I bought my current vehicle. I looked at a few but they helped me make the right purchase. I'll have to make sure Todd & Sarah are with me for all future major purchases as they always help me :)

4 comments:

Carlson02 said...

I'm so glad you like the dress. I looked at it on the rack a few times wondering if it was something you would like, and then finally decided to show it to you. I'm glad we were able to find one that you like and are happy about... you will look FANTASTIC in it.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you were able to find the perfect dress, that's so important for such a special day.

Maybe Sarah and Todd should become Personal Shoppers in their spare time, it sounds like they have a knack!

Anonymous said...

I agree, the right dress really makes the day for you. If other things aren't quite right .... who cares ..... but you must feel like a million dollars!

Louisa said...

Ooops... I accidentally unsubscribed from your blog and missed 2 months of posts! I thought you had just stopped updating it in light of your new busy (engaged) life. I'm glad you've been writing, and now I can catch up on all the things I already knew but didn't read about in your blog, lol. :-) BTW, I love the dress too.