Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Soooooooooooo Close!

I wieghed in today for a loss of 0.4 lbs which means I'm just 0.4 lbs away from my goal for the CKOC show (in 2 weeks). Do-able? Absolutely! I hoped to get there today but I'll just be happy if I make that goal at all. That weight will mean that I have lost 10% of my body weight since I joined Weight Watchers back in August. That'll be freakin' cool! LOL. I'll get a keychain from WW (big deal LOL) but the feeling of pride & accomplishment are what I'm really looking forward to.

In spite of not yet reaching my CKOC goal, the weigh in today was actually cause for celebration.... even though the loss was a small one, it was enough to set a record. I am currently at my lowest weight EVER since I gained it all about 8 years ago after I quit smoking. I lost a bunch of weight a while back and at my lowest I was 0.2 lbs higher than I am today... that was 18 months ago. I have been battling to get the weight off again all that time. But now I'm officially breaking new ground as my weight drops even lower.

In other news.... my engagement ring was supposed to arrive today after being sized for the last 2 weeks. Well, I guess they have a huge backlog to deal with (due to the Christmas season maybe?) and the ring won't be here for at least another week. So I'll keep wearing my "training ring" and hoping it arrives soon. One week from today will be the one month anniversary of our first date so maybe it's not a bad thing if it's a little delayed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Training ring" that is a cute expression.
Huge congratulations on the weight loss .... you are really amazingly well disciplined.

Louisa said...

Way to go with the weight loss! Woo hoo!