Thursday, April 03, 2008

Running running running

Last night I turned on my iPod, put a leash on Mercedes, and went out for a little run. By "little run" I literally mean that I didn't run for long. We were gone for about 25 minutes and in that time ran for about 6 of those minutes. In that time I also warmed up, cooled down, stopped to pick up Mercedes poop... twice!, and stopped to tie my shoes. So the running portion only came in one minute spurts sporadically throughout the duration. However, I'm proud of myself for doing it.

I have Sarah to thank for the idea/inspiration. We are planning to do a 5K run together at the end of June and another one at the beginning of October. Next year I'd like to do the 8K "Ladiesfest" run in June. I've contemplated doing that run for a few years but have always felt unprepared for it. The 8K part doesn't worry me but the course elevation (going down into the coulees and back up again) sounds overwhelming.

So it looks like I'll need to buy a running watch again... the kind that has a stopwatch and alarm on it. Luckily I got some Sportchek gift cards for my birthday last week :D

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great job! Last night I ran for a total of 3 minutes, so you did better than me. I had major stomach cramps (I have some stupid infection) so after about 3 minutes I was done. Sad, I know. I am so happy you are going to run with me. I am looking forward to it, although you might whip my butt!